Wednesday 18 April 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #39-Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we show off books that we want to read but have not been published yet. 

Title:  Alice in Zombieland-White Rabbit Chronicles #1
Author: Gena Showalter
Release Date: 25 September 2012 by Harlequin
Link to / Summary from Goodreads: She won’t resist until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever. Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone. Her father was right. The monsters are real… To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….
Why I want it: I don’t think this is a redo of Lewis Carroll’s masterpiece exactly, but still....Zombies + Alice + Gena Showalter (really enjoyed Intertwined) = CAN’T WAIT.  And that cover is gorgeous.

What are YOU waiting on this week?

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, ZOMBIES. I've only read one zombie novel before (The Forest of Hands and Teeth), but I think I'm gonna check this one out! I love the whole "Alice and Wonderland" twist to it too. Cole's description as being the "baddest of the bad boys" is definitely a plus haha! Great pick!

    Here's my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of people are featuring this book this week, and I can understand why - This book looks amazing! I love Gena Showalter's work!

    Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW
    Renae @ Rolling with the Moments

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a *pretty* cover! Thx for bringing it to my attention. I'm going to steal it, I hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm waiting on this one too! I've always been intrigued by Alice in Wonderland (my drama GCSE was based on it! :P). And a zombiefied version sounds awesome. Plus that cover is amazing. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...