Sunday 29 April 2012

Weekly Roundup #14


So...not too much has actually been happening for me. Aside from the fact that I have to read My Name is Mina and Everybody Jam by next Tuesday. And I don’t have a copy of Everybody Jam. Yay!

             Here’s what I got!
  • For review,
    • From Hachette-Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. I’m so excited to read this one. But I have so much other stuff...
    • From Harpercollins-Insurgent by Veronica Roth. It was so so good....
  • From the library
    • Gorgeous by Rachel Vail
    • Mice by Gordon Reece
    • Oh My Goth by Gena Showalter
    • The Midnight Zoo by Sonya Hartnett (nice, but no plot)
    • My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece by Annabel (also nice but with no plot. Not in photo because it had to go back to the library asap)
    • Two copies of My Name is Mina by David Almond
  • The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty from Laura/Sister Spooky

      Here’s what’s going on around the book-y world!
  • Kristi, aka The Story Siren has been accused of plagiarism. And there’s been a huge storm about it all, and there’s been an apology from her. See here and here, and make up your own mind.
  • The Queen of Teen shortlist has been announced. And for the first time, a male author has been put up! Congrats to James Dawson, whose book I loved in extreme proportions. I’m definitely voting for him. Go vote for whoever you think should win. But if you can't decide, vote for James!
  • Disney bought the rights to The Graveyard Book (Neil Gaiman). I really should re-read that. I didn't enjoy it for Carnegie, and then it won. So... Anyway, I'll definitely see the film.

              Here’s what’s going on at Death Books and Tea
  • Nothing to report! Aside from the fact that of all the books I could read for the Clear your TBR challenge I signed up for, I’ve not read a single one. I have eight months, right?

4 comments:

  1. Not to disrespect the "other stuff"..but you must read Anna Dressed in Blood! Asap!! :D It is so, so amazing! Ooo, Insurgent...still need to read the first book, but I'm already excited for this one!

    Here's my haul for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh some great books! So jealous of Anna Dressed in Blood, it looks awesome! And I'll have to read The Graveyard book some time before the film is released - hope you're enjoying the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous you got Insurgent! :D I'm so excited to read that one. I've also been meaning to read The Exorcist, but I'm too chicken. >_< Haha! Hope you'll enjoy your books!

    Happy reading!
    Pam | jelly loves books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Insurgent was SO GOOD. Looking forward to everyone's reviews. Anna Dressed in Blood sounds amazing, I really need to read it

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...