Monday 13 August 2012

News update!

So...I know I tend to post these on a Sunday and that this is a day late but that's only because I spent all yesterday watching the Closing Ceremony and random youtube videos and doing all kind of random stuff. But I've not done one recently and I think I need to because there's a lot of cool stuff going on...

First, what I got over the last two weeks...

  • Foretold by Jana Oliver. Thanks to Macmillan! I'm reading this at the moment and enjoying it quite a lot.
  • Gods and Warriors by Michelle Paver and Dark Eyes by William Ritcher. Thanks to Penguin!
  • Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr. Thanks to Harpercollins!
  • Crusher by Niall Leonard. Thanks to Random House!
  • The City's Son by Tom Pollock. Thanks to Quercus!
  • Timeless by Gail Carriger and Storm Front by Jim Butcher. Thanks to the library, who bought both of these after buying the rest of both of these series and bought these two to complete them at my command request.
And here's what's been happening!
 
Hot Key Books are running a drawing competition for Sarah Mussi's Angel Dust. Signed copies and art from Sarah up for grabs! Go look here.


Faber are running a music competition! 13-18 year olds that feel they are up to it can compose some music and the winning entry will get used in the film trailer.  More info here.

Emma is running a month long Classics Carnival. She and a load of guest reviwers have been sharing thoughts on modern takes on Classics. To see this general excellency, go here.

Leakycon will be coming to London!! *deletes random keyboard spazzing* It'll run August next year, and booking opens on September. More info here  and thanks to Andrew for telling us!

Laura has a good post on her thoughts of 50 Shades...

There's a huge list of booky tumblrs. That's a large proportion of my life gone.

Constable and Toop has a trailer! Watch it here. I'm also amused to find that there's an actual funeral parlour called this.

Two great bloggers, Liz and Raimy, have giveaways! Congrats to Liz for TWO YEARS of blogging and congrats to Raimy for life!

That's all I can think of at the moment...Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I loved Foretold! And oooh, Carnival of Souls! Sounds awesome, hope you enjoy it. I want to go to LeakyCon so badly but I don't know if I can...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...