Monday 6 May 2013

Hi guys! Bank Holiday Edition


How's your bank holiday going? Mine's  been violin, ukulele and typing... I think my fingers must hate me.

I've been getting on well with a lot of books and things. Lots of reviews to type up now!

Books I have received recently:
 -- The Oathbreaker's Shadow by Amy McColluch
-- The Drowning by Rachel Ward
-- Rapture of the Nerds by Cory Doctrow and Charlie Stross
--Lockwood and Co by Jonathan Stroud
--Call of the Jersey Devil by Aurelio Voltaire

Thank you to all publicity people and also to Kayleigh (K Books) for these!

I should be able to have a bit more bloggy things come up now! Things are scheduled and I have a lot to type.

I had a ridiculously fun time on Thursday.  I went to see Voltaire and Joe Black do a show in Windsor and afterwards everyone was able to stay and get things signed and have chats and hugs. I won't bore you with gory details of songs, but I did get some stuff signed and hugs from both of them!

Me and Voltaire

Signed book!

News!

There's an auction for Chelsea Pitcher's book The S Word happening, and the proceeds go to funds for Boston Bombing victims.

I have figured out a little more for the LGBTetc event. I missed Faye's LGBTReadathon but there were lots of people and interesting discussions and I have a bit better idea as to what to cover in the event in August. Sign up sheet and info will come one day, hopefully before June.

Cait has an international giveaway going for Code Name Verity or Out of the Easy. Go take a look.


It's Headline's LoveYA May! For starters, there's a Pinterest board of YA books and why we love them, and there should be more coming later.

Can't think of anything else. So here, now, have some words of wisdom.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh The Oathbreaker's Shadow! Very jealous, I'm dying to read that one! Hope you enjoy it. And your Thursday definitely sounds like it was fun! Have a great week :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's a pretty useful quote. I will try to remember that in the future. ;)

    I finished The Drowning last week and really loved it- it's quite spooky and haunting.
    Thanks for sharing, Nina! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your fingers hate you too. You've been so busy! Ooh, The Drowning was released today... right? That's ironic. I really am looking forward to getting my hands on that at some point as I loved her Numbers Series (:
    I had an idea for the LGBTetc event! Perhaps something that looks a bit like Bingo? Right, that sounds lame but I mean in a cool way... I should really explain but it's hard to :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention! I read your gig write up, sounded fun :)

    Tell me, how hard is the violin? I'm considering learning

    Cait x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I LOVE Voltaire!!! It's SO amazing that you got to meet with him!

    Lol, the quote :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...