Sunday 31 March 2013

What's been happening and Happy Easter!

Happy Easter/four day holiday!!
I had fun in Belgium. I read most of the books I took. We had wifi. And the wargraves tour was really... I have no words for it. It's not really fun, because going to sites where thousands of young men died is not fun. But it was interesting, and sad, and an experience that you cannot miss.

Anyway.
I have new books!
Lynsey sent me a proof copy of The Hit, because I was badly unorganised and forgot to tell her that I had one. Once again, apologies, Lynsey. Anyway, it's a proof copy so my library won't accept it. So from April 3rd (when it comes out), you can have it if you want. Email me the normal way.
Also, nice people at MiraInk sent me copies of The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa and Ink by Amanda Sun. I can't wait to get started on both of these!
Also, nice people at Headline sent me a copy of Follow Me Down by Tanya Byrne. I have so much awesomeness on my shelf!

I also got a CD in the post! It's Joe Black's new one called Satan In a Sunday Hat. It's stupidly amusing and I'll do a review some day.  Maybe not here. We'll see.

There's not long now to enter the giveaways! Please spread the word out of this-winners will be announced tomorrow.

Doctor Who was pretty epic last night, wasn't it? Damn, all the little things that Moffat slipped in. Can I please have someone to  fangirl along with me? And celebrate the fact that nobody got thrown off from a height this week?
And David Tennant and Billie Piper are coming back for the 50th anniversary!!!

Clockwork Princess came out not long ago and all I've been thinking of when going round bookstores is "why don't I have it?"

I am disappointed with myself in that I haven't had the time to catch up on Neverwhere yet. Episode 4 ended at where it gets really really interesting...

I'm still uncertain as to the fate of Google Friend Connect. Please use the networkedblogs, RSS readers and blogloving to follow Death Books and Tea!

CampNaNoWriMo starts tomorrow. I might do a slightly more relaxed version. We'll see. I kind of reached that part of writing where I looked at what I was doing and thought "the heck am I writing? Why did I think that was a good idea?" and hit a block. I should start again...

Two weeks of holidays! Which will mainly be filled with revision, reading, sleeping, eating, reviewing, and messing about on the internet. 

I leave you with this awesomeness and the sadness that I would not be able to pull this off myself.




6 comments:

  1. Happy Easter, Nina! Glad you enjoyed your trip!! ;) I haven't watched Doctor Who since David Tennant left, but for the 50th anniversary I'll make an exception. I loved those two! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter, Nina! Your Belgium trip sounds like it was really worthwhile. We thought Doctor Who was good. Neither of us haven read any Gaiman novels - although we have The Graveyard Book and have read some poetry. Like your colour arranged shelves - if they're yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hum... there were also other things you could have visited while in belgium ( i didn't even know you were there !!! arf)
    glad you could read a little and that you received so interesting book ( and a cd i really don't know about it so i'm waiting for your review^^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Your holiday sounds a whole deal more interesting than mine, which is mostly revision (thanks GCSEs!). Have a good easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easer, Nina! I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip; I can't believe you had WiFi because my school wouldn't do that for me!
    That bookcase sure is colourful. Don't worry; I couldn't do that either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy (belated) Easter.

    I love how your bookshelves are color coordinated :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...