Saturday 29 June 2013

News! The Tower of Books Edition


This week has been ok. Nothing that much happened in terms of life events for me.  Big events in America though- Wendy Davis filibustered for nearly 11 hours to stop the anti-abortion law getting passed, and the Supreme Court chucked out the Defence of Marriage Act and Prop 8 got killed in California and essentially I have hopes for America.

The biggest thing that happened was I made a tower of books. Of my TBR. And it's taller than me.  It's 181cm. IT'S NEARLY SIX FOOT HOW DID I ACCUMULATE THAT MANY???
Unfortunately, it fell down before I could get a picture of me with it. But it's taller than me. I am nowhere near six foot. 

Other booky news for me is getting books!  This week I got Lou Morgan's Blood and Feathers-Rebellion from the publishers (Thanks, Michael). I also got Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth, Malinda Lo's Huntress and Steve Berman's Vintage:A Ghost Story (Thanks, whoever pays attention to my requests at the library and gets them bought!)

Interweb news-Google Reader is dying tomorrow. Sad sad times-I've relied on that for over two years. So, obligatory "follow me elsewhere!!" Bloglovin, Feedly and email, are the ways I'm trying to promote, but here's the raw feed you can use in any reader.

Rainbow Reads news- still accepting signups for guest posts and guest reviews! Form is here.
If you don't  want to do one of these, please please fill in THIS form!

The YA Crush Tourney's still going strong!

Literary event in Sunningdale with Laura Dockrill, Holly Smale, Rob Lloyd Jones, Will Hill and Conrad Mason. Happens 13 July. More info at Bookzone for Boys.

Tim Burton's going to do the film for Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children [source] This was my first ever physical review book, and you can find the review here, so it's quite close to my bloggy heart, and I generally love Tim Burton so... hopefully this will go well!


Awesomeness of the week. A list of translated graffitti found in Pompeii/Herculaneum. I'm going later this year, but I'm fairly sure we won't be going looking for these... Some of my favourite repeatable ones are  " Learn this: while I am alive, you, hateful death, are coming."  and "On April 19th, I made bread". Some of my other favourites...aren't.    Link not suitable for younger people.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. That's such a big stack! Mine would probably be about the same size. I just can't stop buying books! I'm dreadful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome stack of books! So sad that it fell down! what if falling bent the pages! *gasp*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...